Video shows CDL-A Training shot by Eric Eramo
commercial driver's license noun. a driver's license required to operate large or heavy vehicles. see also cdl.
Detroit Training Center offers the best in commercial truck driver training and career development for those looking for opportunities in the transportation industry. Furthermore, we only use modern equipment, experienced instructors, and provide a first-class facility to make your experience professional and enjoyable. In-depth lecture and textbook materials cover general knowledge, air brakes, and combination vehicles (to obtain Temporary Instruction Permit) in addition to safety. The hands-on segment includes straight line backing, off set left or right backing, 90 degree alley docking, coupling of trailers, and the completion of a behind the wheel exam. This is a VA-certified program.
COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE (CDL-A) PROGRAM
$4,250 (Includes testing/licensing fees)
*Some students receive full or partial funding for this program. Please attend one of our free info sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2:00pm to determine if you qualify.*
Commercial Driver's License - A
Workplace Readiness/Soft Skills
Local Delivery Driver
Construction & Landscape Equipment Operator
other commercial driver's license programs offered:
CDL-A Construction Trucking
enrollment requirements for driver training
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be able to pass D.O.T. physical and drug test prior to enrollment
- Must have been licensed for the past 3 years within the U.S. and possess a valid driver's license
- Must have basic fundamental skills to read, write, and speak English as per F.M.C.S.R.
- Must be able to understand highway traffic signs/signals
- Must be able to make entries on reports/records
- Must be a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or have a current valid VISA or work permit to work in the U.S.
- Must have original or certified copy of birth certificate
- Must obtain a 7-year MVR with no convictions in the past 3 years of any of the following: DUI, refusal to take a chemical test, hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or careless/reckless driving
- No more than one DUI in the past 5 years or 2 DUI's in a lifetime without getting a pre-hire letter from a carrier first
Interested in helping your company grow?
Contact us to learn how we can provide you with skilled graduate drivers or specialty training for your current workforce!