commercial driver's license noun. a driver's license required to operate large or heavy vehicles. See also CDL.
This course will prepare students for work in the bus driving industry. Students will be able to operate vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or less, as long as the vehicle being towed weighs more than 10,000 pounds. The first week of class will be in-depth lecture and text which will include safety, inspections, air brakes, and the basic responsibilities of pupil transportation--as well as how to become and remain a successful school bus driver. The second week of training, students will begin hands-on/yard segment which includes straight line backing, off set left or right backing, and 90 degree alley docking. Students will earn all credentials needed to operate a school bus in the state of Michigan.
commercial driver's license (CDL-B) program
$4,250 (Includes testing/licensing fees)
*Some students receive full or partial funding for this program. Please attend one of our free info sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2:00pm to determine if you qualify.*
1st Week - 9:00am-5:00pm
2nd, 3rd, & 4th Weeks - 7:00am-3:00pm
- Bus Driver
- Delivery Driver
- Commercial Driver's License - Class B with Airbrakes
- Passenger (P) and Schoolbus (S) Endorsement
- Workplace Readiness/Soft Skills
- First Aid/CPR License
enrollment requirements for driver training
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be able to pass D.O.T. physical and drug test prior to enrollment
- Must have been licensed for the past 3 years within the U.S. and possess a valid driver's license
- Must have basic fundamental skills to read, write, and speak English as per F.M.C.S.R.
- Must be able to understand highway traffic signs/signals
- Must be able to make entries on reports/records
- Must be a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or have a current valid VISA or work permit to work in the U.S.
- Must have original or certified copy of birth certificate
- Must obtain a 7-year MVR with no convictions in the past 3 years of any of the following: DUI, refusal to take a chemical test, hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or careless/reckless driving
- No more than one DUI in the past 5 years or 2 DUI's in a lifetime without getting a pre-hire letter from a carrier first
other commercial driver's license programs offered:
CDL-A Construction Trucking
Interested in helping your company grow?
Contact us to learn how we can provide you with skilled graduate drivers or specialty training for your current workforce!